Wednesday, May 13, 2009

X)

The result for 4 subjects are out. And YES, I am entitled an IPOD Touch ... by myself.
Should I buy I know or should I wait until the end of summer??

It has been 4 days since I'm done with finals. What did I do in these four days?
As you know, it was Wesak Day on Sunday. So, I spent the whole Saturday and Sunday in Tzu Chi Headquarter in North Jersey to prepare for the big event. On Saturday, I helped out in preparing meals ~ rice ball (fan tuan) with seaweeds ~ for the visitors. We spent the whole afternoon wrapping 1400 rice balls. It was tiring but fun because Shi Gus were telling jokes all the time :)
On Sunday - the Wesak Day, we prayed and watched performances by the kids from the Chinese Schools. Approximately 600 visitors joined us in the event. Wesak Day Prayer is usually the largest event we had in the whole year.

On Monday and Tuesday, I basically did nothing interesting.
On Monday morning, I tabled for AZ Book Buyback for 3 hours straight. Then, I went to College Ave to apply for a new I20. Then, I had an early dinner with Yin Ling at 5pm. I spent the rest of the night watching boring Taiwanese drama and fell asleep at 11.30pm.

Yesterday, the Tuesday, I worked in the lab to earn some money for my summer vacation though I have no idea where I can go in the midst of swine flu (JPA didn't even allow us to join the Midwest Game in Illinois). Then, Yin Ling came to my house to have lunch --> leftover rice ball from Tzu Chi.. We surfed the net and listen to Jay Chou's and Fish Leong's musics. What a relaxing but super boring afternoon... After I had ebough of the boredness, I decided to bake something nice --- red bean baked nian gao or so called mochi cake... I must say the product is too sweet because I used too much sugar.... Digustingly sweet..I might do the second attempt next week ;) Later that evening, Stacey , Kai Li and I went to haad sushi buffet. It was teh same place we had buffet with the Japanese uncle 3 years ago. The sushis were fantastic, and I had 5 full plates of foods --- I can eat a lot, you can see it through my 2nd sister :P

Ok, really need to go now. Have to do the 2-hour tabling again now....

No comments: